Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Zoo

Okay, here I am again, FINALLY, with lots of fun activities once again left in the dust due to lack of time. So mostly I'll do some quick photo journaling today.
On Friday, August 22nd, Mara, Ailah and I traveled to Denver with good friends who also homeschool their school-age kids, for a COVA fall kick-off day at the zoo. The weather was perfect and the zoo not as crowded as I'd anticipated, a wonderful activity for the beginning of the school year.
The aviary was like a Where's Waldo, the kids got as close as possible to see what birds might be hiding in the foliage.

No animals--just a really cute kid.

In the part of the zoo that still looks like it did when I was a kid, the bears love to put on a show for the kids.
Mara's favorite, the penguins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home